Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today was a good day.

I feel accomplished today.

I am trying to revel in this feeling because I don't often feel this way at the end of a day.

I woke up late this morning (not a good start usually), but got the kids fed, dressed, and went outside to work on my front garden, which honestly looked like it was from an abandoned house. K-bear stayed in the playpen (I couldn't trust her to sit still, and definitely not to leave the twigs and leaves alone and not eat them). Bean played "balance", by walking back and forth along my bricks that are the separation between the lawn and the garden. She also helped by bringing her little garden tools and digging along with me.

Then, after I got the entire garden done, we came inside, had lunch, kids went down for a nap, and I got some (like an hour) quiet time.

I got the girls up from their nap, dressed, and then headed down the street to see our new friends whom apparantly we've lived here for five years, but haven't interacted with them! She has two kids, her little girl is three (same age as Bean), and her boy is 7 months. Also, I shouldn't be surprised, because I know the Lord knows what we need, but they are Christians! It's so exciting to have someone who lives so close to us, and can be an encouragement to me, and safe place for my kiddos to go.

Then, my brother and I fixed the downstairs sink so that now our company can use it. I ate supper, talked to my Grandma G, and then skyped with my Grandma C... put the kids to bed, and now am visiting with our friends, and watching Biggest Loser! I am so tired, but I am so thankful that the feeling of accomplishment is so wonderful :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Shawna, I found your blog! I didn't know you were on here, but I'm glad I've found you now.

I'll be reading!
love Becky