Sunday, November 13, 2011

Changed Plans

I am someone who often is late. But, I don't enjoy being late. In fact, when I only have to get myself ready, I am rarely late... often I am early.

Lateness is one of the joys of motherhood, marriage, and just relationships in general. I'm not using it as an excuse (even though it sounds like that). My husband who is not really concerned with getting anyone else ready leaves just enough time for getting himself ready (I'm not meaning to make this sound like complaining... just stating a fact about this), my two kids can't get themselves ready yet, and I am still adjusting to getting three and a half people ready to get out the door.

Lateness today meant missing out on some plans with my closest friend. I hate days like that. We were late for church, late for lunch after church, late to meet my brother, and finally late to my plans with my friend.

Lateness is one of my faults that I want to focus on. I really believe that it ruins plans, days, and even happy feelings.

I know this is not a verse specifically about lateness. I think it speaks to me in this situation. “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves” (Philippians 2:3).

No comments: