Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. ~Philippians 2:14-15
Saturday, April 16, 2011
The waiting game
My due date with our second daughter is approaching rapidly... two more days actually. I thought this time would be even easier near the end because my first daughter was 11 days past the due date the Doctor gave me, so I haven't even been thinking April 18th in my mind as the actual birth date. HOWEVER. Having a 2 year old daughter who is asking me to "go to the hospital and bring home my baby sister" and saying things like "I want to hold her Mommy"... make it very hard to be patient. Also, well meaning friends and family checking in all the time does not help the patience process! My sister text me today and all it said was "Baby?" All these people will know when I know, so I'm not sure why people assume I will forget to tell them! Though, it really is nice to have family and friends that are so excited about our daughters birth that they are willing to check in and be just the slightest bit annoying ;) I'm so thankful that I have really uneventful pregnancies, and that I have not had any medical issues or bad test results or upsetting appointments. God has really blessed my husband and I, and I really don't take it forgranted. I am praying for patience over the next little while, knowing that once I'm holding my newest little bundle, I am going to be sad thinking about the movements that are no longer going on inside me - my husband calls this the contradiction that is pregnancy thoughts :) We are very much looking forward to announcing the newest member of our family... and I'm sure our daughter will be thrilled to finally be the big sister we've been talking up to her :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment